1.9
Additional Fees
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I started my degree in 2009 in Master of Science, Mental Health Counseling. I struggled to find internship site requirements had to fight for my first internship.

Was compete with my second internship but the instructor thought my comment of "man am I excited to finally be graduating....I am tired". I was homeless and missed 3 webinar supervisions but made one up; but being the instructor was not familiar with me (as she was with the rest of the courseroom) I was given a not satisfactory. My papers were all graded as 100s but due to these issues I was failed. I then appealed the decision as I thought it was harsh and inconsiderate that I made all supervision on the phone but being I was living out of a minivan I struggled with having my face on camera.

I met with the advisory team and was told my appeal was denied therefore I had to write a paper explaining the importance of supervision. So, I was preparing for completion AGAIN, and had to have emergency brain surgery and had to put off my internship.

Fast forward a few years; I am stable, save up the $1500 I had to repay Capella even though I withdrew for medical reasons and am told I only had to make up two courses and will be able to complete internship July 2018.

I get my application approved; site approved ready to begin and now some random academic advisor emails me and says not only do I have to retake four courses; well why, because ethics have changed BUT I would also have to retake my Residency which requires me to go out of a state for a week. OK, sure single mom of two school aged children OKAY, even though I already completed two residencies.

I have met all educational requirements for my state, I have 103 credits towards my masters in a degree that only requires 60, 90 at most but now cannot complete because they've charged me well over $60000 and are still trying to bleed me dry.

Product or Service Mentioned: Capella University Mental Health Counseling Program.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Auto enrollment policy, Career services, Financial disaster, Customer service, Dismissing personnel.

Comments

Capella University overcharge me $75000.00 for a B.S. degree that I never received.

Capella_U

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns. Please send us an email with your name and contact information to learnersupport@capella.edu and we will have a team member reach out to you.